GU Home > GU Branches > Berlitz Branch|
Berlitz Branch ベルリッツ支部
Improving workers' lives at Berlitz since 1993
Many of the working conditions that you now enjoy have been negotiated between the General Union and Berlitz:
- Enrolment in Unemployment Insurance for MG teachers.
- Enrolment in Health and Pension Insurance (shakai hoken) for those working 30+ hours per week.
- Paid holidays for MG and per lesson teachers. (collective agreements 1994 & 1999)
- Premium pay of 25% overtime and 35% for work on a set rest day.(collective agreement 1994)
- Right to refuse work on a set rest day or national holiday(collective agreement 1996)
- Pre-consultation agreement with the union before terminating, transfering or changing the working conditions of any union member.(collective agreement 1994)
- Grievances dealing with dismissals, health insurance, unfair treatment of teachers.
Show: All, Only English, Only Japanese
Disciplinary procedures and student complaints can cause a lot of stress for many teachers. Teachers are sent into a room alone to face people who are in a position of power and often feel bullied int ...read more
General Union members at Berlitz will meet this Sunday, 16 February to plan their third round of collective bargaining. Current demands include a 7% pay increase, pay for lock ups, union representatio ...read more
After the biggest union meeting of Berlitz union members at the end of August, the union has submitted demands to raise wages, protect part time teachers from arbitrary cuts in lessons taught, and to ...read more
1. CTL Courtesy Calls
We have been told that MIs will be asked to inform the office staff to tell teachers about CTLs when possible. We wish to see if this is happening. Please let us kn ...read more
read more Berlitz News